Rosie O'Donnell did his show this week, which was a shocker to some, given their less-than-friendly history. But it turns out that Howard and Rosie really like each other. And it was definitely the single most revealing interview Rosie's ever done...
As they chatted, Howard got Rosie to dish about everything from how old she was when she first had sex to whether she has ever thought about a celebrity while masturbating.
Hey, that's the guy we think about when we masturbate! Who knew we had this in common with Rosie?
More highlights from the conversation:
- Rosie confessed she was a "late bloomer" when it came to sex and has had nine partners over the years. She lived with a man from the time she was 28 until she turned 30. "I lived with a guy for two years, and it was great," the celebrity lesbian said, noting that "you can have great sex with anybody."
- When asked what celebrities she would have sex with, Rosie revealed that she fantasizes about Angelina Jolie, whom she described as having the perfect combination of "darkness and quirky, weird sexuality." She also included Angela Bassett on the list of celebs she would get busy with as well as Penelope Cruz, Salma Hayek, Diane Lane and Mariska Hargitay.
- Madonna is not and has never been a lesbian, Rosie insisted, despite her penchant for kissing young girls on stage. "She enjoys her men," Rosie said of her famous friend, stressing that Madonna is very sexual, which doesn't come as a surprise to us! "She has a wonderfully powerful male sexuality in that beautiful female package," Rosie said. "I remember during A League of Their Own [the two women met while shooting the film] she'd see a guy she thought was hot in a magazine—three days later he'd be on the set."
- Howard also got Rosie to play the "Fuck, marry, kill game," limiting her choices to the women from The View. Who would would you fuck? Who would you marry, and who would you kill? Rosie "would do Barbara. It would be over quick," she said. "I'm kidding. No, I don't think I'd play fuck, marry, kill with them. I'd fuck, marry and kill myself so I didn't have to play with them."
- When Howard asked Rosie if she watches porn, Rosie said that she and her wife Kelly do indeed, but they prefer porn featuring men. What? When Rosie watches porn with women in it, she looks at them "and feels the same way I do about Linsday and Britney. I'm like, 'Oh geez, what happened to her?" "If you get the one with all boys, you can physically tell they're enjoying themselves," Rosie added. Hmm...is Rosie saying she watches gay men's porn?
- Would Rosie shave her nether regions if a female partner wanted her to? Yup, Stern asked. "Never. Are you kidding me? The ingrown hairs!" Rosie said, recalling the bikini wax she had when she played a dominatrix in Exit to Eden. "Oh dear God, it was like torture!"
- Rosie said the lesbians she knows don't shave down there. She does trim, she noted.
- Rosie also talked about what inspired her to tie the knot with her long-time partner Kelly. Turns out President George Bush was her inspiration. When he had a press conference in the midst of the Iraq war to announce that San Francisco's decision to allow gay marriage was ruining the moral fiber of the country, that was the final straw for Rosie who was "so fucking mad! I was like, 'You know what, Kelly. Let's get on a plane and get married!"
Oh, and I should mention that Rosie was on The Stern Show to promote her guest role in Cyndi Lauper's True Colors Tour, which supports LGBT equality.
A great cause and a great interview -- take a listen below...
By Jenny Stewart
Originally published 2008, PlanetOut/Gay.com